OJC 2.94% 16.5¢ the original juice co. ltd

I hate to be the bear in the orchard, but this company is still...

1. 63 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    I hate to be the bear in the orchard, but this company is still a train wreck. Best you cash in at ~$0.04 before the train leaves the platform and the Merovingian's trainman doesn't let you off!

Read between the lines and stop believing the rhetoric and nonsense that this company continually serves up. Clarifying statements are at the behest of the ASX because company's are taking the piss.

Plant Based All Natural - wellness shots exceeding expectations, so say's the company, not Coles. The fact they called them Plant Based in the announcement says it all really. Since when were fruit juices anything but plant based, its all hype. It also wasn't clear to me that the 3 variants in 160 Coles stores have achieved 6-7 units per SKU or in total, each week after the first three weeks? However, what I am certain about, is that Coles would not have accepted the range if the forecast was only 2 units per week! Regardless, the first few weeks are when consumers trial new products and the single most important indicator of long term success is not the first few weeks sales but the level of repeat purchases, e.g. after people have actually consumed the beverage. You don't really have an indicator of repeat purchases in the first four weeks and Coles and Woolworths typically give new products 13 weeks to meet the hurdle rate for very good reason. I could be wrong and Juice Lab Wellness Shots might yet be a winning innovation, but I doubt it.

Please don't hard bake the company's turnaround and fortune on 3 new variants of juice. This is a company that still has a current account and working capital deficiency and continues to capitalise (not take to the P&L) its product development costs ~$1.17M sitting on the balance sheet as at Dec 31, 2020.

This is a public company run like a private or personal fiefdom and there are much better places to park your hard earned investment dollars IMHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OJC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $50.36M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.0¢ 17.0¢ 16.5¢ $2.607K 15.70K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 112653 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.0¢ 26973 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.44am 04/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
16.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
16.5¢ 17.0¢ 16.5¢ 21870
Last updated 12.31pm 04/06/2024 ?
OJC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.