LYC 2.86% $6.11 lynas rare earths limited

time for a big shake-up at lynas, page-9

1. RVR
    6,305 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2336
    Sorry Jan, I always pay attention to your posts, but I'm afraid here you're missing the point; it's the Peter Principle, IMO.
    I spent a decade before retirement in executive personnel appointments with a key task being to prevent people being raised into higher level responsibilities primarily on the evidence of strong performance in lower level jobs.
    On the evidence here it seems to me that EN doesn't have the critical skills to direct as CEO a large multi-national highly complex corporation that is Lynas. Not least to appreciate the need to keep SHs informed in clear, timely and unambiguous ways.
    And of course I recognise there is virtually nothing any private SHs can do about this, because the Chair and Board will probably continue to support the status quo for reasons of 'face' - and remuneration that is so obviously unrelated to company performance (and little suffering in the event of a fire sale T/O.)
    Perhaps the Chairman selling 2.85 million shares on market at 26.87cents on Christmas Eve was a pretty clear illustration of the current attitude of Company executives toward ordinary SHs, although I failed to understand this then.
    I do hope events will prove me wrong; I'll be delighted if Eric produces some key LT contracts at prices that reflect the LT RED quality plan, but I wonder whether he can do this in the time available....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.