NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

That's the whole idea of a chart you are tracking the sentiment...

1. 231 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    That's the whole idea of a chart you are tracking the sentiment to work out which way the share price is tracking.   Doesn't matter what the external factors are contributing to the move up or down.  You are just charting whether the bulls or bears are in charge and going with them.  For example during the financial crisis,  if you were charting you were just out of the market altogether for at least a good year.   Didn't matter what the company was doing individually or what was causing the downturn because the bears were in control and every chart was pointing down.  It was about looking for a bottom when sentiment changed and re-entering.  I find it more useful than fundamentals in the short term but that's just me.  From a long term perspective I would just buy this and hold.   But there is more profit for me If I can exit my entire holding at $1.73 and re-enter at $1.25 and by 27% more shares 6 weeks later.   I will do this continously with this holding,  I will get it right generally 4 times out of 5.  With my back testing over a ten year period I usually accumulate 4 times my share holding just by trading my initial purchase.  That's 4 times the number of shares not taking into account any growth in the share price.  

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.