Time for a laugh: I got pulled up in my 25year old Totota Dyna,...

1. 1,076 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13

Time for a laugh: I got pulled up in my 25year old Totota Dyna, Mr Plod was on Random Breath Test duty "TaxCollecting" Sat morning 8.15am. No problems there but it gave him theopportunity to be a pain in the arse. Gave me a ticket for spot of rust in thecab and daggy seats "foam buggered" So, as I have another truck Idecided not worth fixing, it's passed it's used by date, get rid of it. So Iplaced an ad on Market Place ad reads:

Here's a challenge! This is being sold with no rego or plates. Has a defect notice from the Gestapo. Positives: engine is great you can't stop it. Gearbox is fine tyres are good I'm not sure of mileage Ok. Defect: rust on top of cab shown in photo, the seats are shot, foam worn out, the linkage to the gearbox is worn so you have to pursuade the gears to shift. Generally it's old and worn out a bit like me. This was used as my rubbish collection truck but I have another I can use so not bothering to fix OK. I intend selling it for the best price offered over the next couple of days. I need a hero to take it on. $3000

Now this is the best bit, this is one of the emails I received.

Greetings> I am very interested in youradvert. My first questions is: Can you guarantee me that I will not bedisappointed by purchasing this from you and what is your reason for sellingit?

My reply was not rude but brief: Wow! Thisdeal is not for you.

As Mr Meldrew would say CAN YOU BELIEVEIT!

Listed 10am Sunday sold 11am Monday to adealer, over 2000 views in 24 hours. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.