SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

that's correct littlecorn. range is definitely limited in the...

1. 115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    that's correct littlecorn. range is definitely limited in the android version of the tech, which is NFC chips/stickers. but with the iBeacon, you can actually set it for different ranges. for example, if you take a supermarket, you could have iBeacons set to work for the entire size of the store (info on this week's specials), then have specific messages for a certain isle in the store (information on a new product line in that isle), then have a third layer of messages for a specific section in the isle.

if you then take this concept into the homeopen situation, you can imagine there being a message and information pushed to your iphone once you walk into the home or the front yard, then there could be other information pushed to you as you walk through the house itself.

the above is all just my assumptions based on my fairly limited understanding of the NFC and iBeacon technology, so don't take it as fast. but there capability will forever improve and improve fast. sky is the limit and monetization models for the technology are very broad, which is a very important thing to always think about - turning this into $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

check out this link, great info:
    http://venturebeat.com/2014/05/27/5-industries-that-ibeacon-will-disrupt/

Hoops

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.