GUN 0.00% 1.1¢ gunson resources limited

time for a reality check

1. 733 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 41
    The recent chest thumping by some here seeking to remove Harley and the board is in my opinion completely misguided and counter to the interests of shareholders.
    If anyone has ever followed a developing resource company they will understand that it is not a simple thing finance a new mine development. . Let me put forward some thoughts:

We know Dupont has signed up an offtake. Dupont is one of the worlds leading chemical congolmerates. It buys Ti02 ores from around the world as feedstock for their pigment plants. It has been doing these for at least 80 years. Dupont knows that the quality of the specs of ores fed into their plants is critical for their products. They know that reliable ore supply is critical to their business. Buying ore is not like buying lollies from the shop or trading shares through commsec. Dupont took a very long time to sign up the Gunson deal – why did it take so long. – Because they had to be sure of all of the risks. By signing up with Gunson they also sign up with the Gunson management and the Gunson board. If misguided shareholders have a brain fade and kick out the board and management, then don’t be surprised if DuPont walks away. It is really simple - major corporate signs up a junior to supply ore because they trust the management has the skills to build the mine and supply the product to them.
    Think about it. This is a long term mine and Dupont is a long term player. They are playing the long game. If frustrated shareholders want to play the short -term game then risk Dupont., it’s a case of be careful of what you wish for !.
    Offtake agreements have clauses in them which allow for buyers to walk if there is a change in control or management. I don’t know if Gunson’s deal does but I heard that Bases’s deal with Dupont does so I guess Gunson’s does as well.

Posco.
    Similar to above but a bit different. Posco wants to put money in to coburn. They are looking to write out huge cheques to get this project up. Posters here who want to vote out Harley and the board had better have deep pockets, because if Posco pulls out because you change the management then the chest thumpers here had better start mortgaging their houses to pay for it. Somehow I don’t think HC posters have that kind of coin.

My point is that Dupont and Posco are here because of management and the board, not despite them. Kick out these people and we are back at square one and a share price at cash backing, say 3 cents.
    What I suspect is behind all this is a share prices which has gone down and upset a few noisy traders.
    Doesn’t bother me. I am in this for the long haul. Gee if Posco takes longer than thought , so be it. I am more patient than that. It’s about the long game for me. Ok so when posco deal gets up the shares will be higher than the last high. Fine by me.
    Cheers
    Omg.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GUN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.