A2M 1.50% $5.90 the a2 milk company limited

Hi Womtrade,I saw that same news and thought, hmmm,...

1. 86 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    Hi Womtrade,
    I saw that same news and thought, hmmm, interesting.  Here's an article from Marketwatch:
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dean-foods-stock-tumbles-as-analysts-question-whether-it-can-find-a-buyer-2019-02-27?mod=nextup_bomw

In the 4th paragraph it mentions some of the retailers that carry Dean brands in the US which also so happens to be the ones that carry A2.  Dean = losing market share; A2 = gaining market share.  Do the math.  The article blames the loss on plant-based products but I believe that that is only part of the picture.  I think people are discovering the A2 proposition and it works for them.  It will be interesting to see what the "reason" will be when the plant-based products start to lose market share to A2  in the future.

"Amazon.com Inc. AMZN, +0.20% is selling milk online under its Happy Belly brand, while supermarket chains Walmart Inc. WMT, -0.58% and Kroger Co. KR, +2.75% are offering store-branded dairy products. Demand for milk has been falling for years, and producers are now facing competition from plant-based products, such as soy and wheat milk."

Demand for milk may be falling but I think that decline may be starting to slow and will eventually turn around as marketing spend and word of mouth starts to kick in.  A2 is poised to transform the milk industry in the US, its just a question of how long it will take before pundits and industry experts "get it" and understand the real value of the A2 proposition.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.