time for action, page-5

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I am standing up and count myself as someone who believes most of what is claimed is both inaccurate and illogical.

The post rabbits on about Gillard being a hypocrite for attending the royal wedding because she is a Republican. What a load of codswallop when the fact is we are not yet a Republic and must operate under our current Westminster system of Government. Whatever Gillards belief she was representing Australia and all Australians at the royal wedding. You also forget that many on the coalition side want a Republic yet all members still operate under the current system that recognises the Monarchy.

The post also goes on about the benefits received by refugees, but makes no recognition of the fact that Australia has been taking in refugees for decades including the 11 year term of the Howard Government. Yes boat people reduced during that period but the numbers of refugees accepted from refugee camps around the world was pretty constant. John Howard was a bit more humane than your post and he provided refugees with all the benefits available to Australian residents.

The public outcry to which you refer about the BER program is just Coalition propaganda when in the main this massive program achieved its objectives of upgrading school infrastructure welcomed across the country as well as providing work to Australian tradespeople and business..

You also complain about the $900 paid to taxpayers and pensioners and families during the GFC that provided both assistance to them and supported business and their workers. Frankly I find such criticism to be very un-australian by complaining about its citizens being given a helping hand aimed at keeping our economy afloat and avoiding the consequences of recession.

The reality is that the government will run its course and will be judged in two years time. Each of us can then make our considered decision. In the meantime we ought to be hoping the government does well for the country and we ought to be constructively working at contributing to our personal well being as well as that of our country. To just grizzle and hope the government fails in everything for political reasons is a destructive approach IMO.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.