TLS 0.28% $3.62 telstra group limited

time for bolt on acquisition - suncorp

1. 1,424 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 143
    the below post is my opinion;

bit disappointed that CBA have telstra valued at $3.33(?) per share.

Only people who bought tls shares in the last couple of years would be cheering about that!

Management should have executed share buyback off future fund when they were selling at around $2.60 per share.

You only need to look at the pathetic guidance to see why tls is amongst the best yielding stocks on the ASX.

People want more than low single digit in revenue and earnings growth.....the companies earnings are only in the 3point something billion.

Imagine if telstra bought Suncorp and planned on having 5% of the banking market in 2years (5% of 25bn = 1.25bn). Imagine that type of earnings growth.....analysts would have to recommend for fear of missing out if the experiment did work.

I suggest that you don't need to be a tech-head to know that mobile telephones are going to be an important conduit for financial transactions in the future......what's telstra doing.....fighting in court to protect the AFL broadcast rights they have just purchased.

If I had one sentence for telstra management," forget media too risky...listen to what Ralph Norris said last year and get into banking."

I hold tls shares and hope that they go up!

Disclaimer; the above post is my opinion and is not to be used for making any decisions. The above post has been submitted for entertainment purposes only.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.62
Change
0.010(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $41.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.61 $3.64 $3.61 $76.93M 21.24M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
41 574941 $3.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.62 284025 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.