AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Thanks for the reply.1. Firstly I would like to apologise if you...

1. 9,105 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17815
    Thanks for the reply.

1. Firstly I would like to apologise if you took offence at the 'pissing in the wind comment' in my earlier post. That was directed at the posters today that thought your initial post should be modded because of releasing confidential information viewpoints. There was nothing in your post that was confidential. On reading my post it came across harsh so apologise as not my style and like others I certainly appreciate the efforts you go to keep the faith here.

2. I recognise the pit is 25 metres deep and that flow rates are improving for dewatering, but these delays to emtpying the pit are annoying and I just hope there are no others (if want a November dewatering end date). We have been discussing this endlessly since at least July when the first noises came from AVZ that dewatering was commencing. I do expect the pit been dewatered by November(assuming pumps are not active 24 hours per day).

3. I agree that AVZ does not need the pit area itself to do the DFS as it certainly has enough resource elsewhere for that. But commencing mining from the existing pit area is a better development plan IMO at this stage, unless the future drilling program therein in the pit area indicates something else, so the delay in dewatering either i.) means the DFS is pushed out and/or ii.) will need to be revisited again after the drilling in the pit area comes back assuming the DFS is released first quarter 2020 and the drilling results in that pit area are unavailable at that time. The latter would not be an ideal scenario if have to revisit the DFS again so suspect they would be wanting to avoid that scenario. I thought I would highlight these extracts from this post - Post #: 39510135 - I did back in July 2019, which I then expanded on in this subsequent post on this issue itself: Post #: 39512495

""""""The actual key to draining the lake, which is the former open pit mine now flooded - is in a previous Ann - page 14 - 17 of the Sept 2018 Scoping Study Post #: 36050143 and this Ann of the 5MTPA study in May 2019 at page 13 - 16 Post #: 38703355 . The need to drain the pit is to test the pegamtites within it, as from recollection it is envisaged that will be the 1st ore feed, in addition to testing the strength of the pit wall (been the flooded open pit wall ). Be mindful the resource under the 'lake' and first likely to be mined is still in the inferred category, whilst the measured and indicated resource, which is the basis of a bankable study as you don't mine an inferred resource, is outside the existing flooded open pit. Obviously draining the previous open pit, now flooded, is a key, plus doing some drilling in their to get a measured and indicated resource as that we give you the optimal mine plan for a bankable study IMO, and certainly there is a need to test whether the pit walls of the open pit (flooded now which I call a lake) are still good and haven't been impacted by water.

Assuming the resource under the lake, been the previous open pit mine, is as good as elsewhere at Roche (i.e. which is likely IMO but teh drill bit to confirm) and the pit wall is still good, well "Bob's your uncle" in terms of a more speedier approach to mining - will certainly save a few months worth of work and also doesn't mean you have initial overburden to remove to reach your mineable ore. The latter, because the pegmatites at Roche are weathered at the top and the good spod starts around 40 metres down by the looks of it (i.e. probably the depth of the previous open pit where dewatering is required meaning if can start where that pit is you are straight into the pegmatites themselves).

In other words draining the lake is a key to your DFS options, so delaying the drainage means you have to think about a new mine plan, or make assumptions on the mine plan if want the DFS out in December. I suspect personally that GRE will probably suggest starting the pit outside the lake area in my opinion, depending on timeline (which in away translates to a higher capex cost as well, hence IMO teh issue with delaying dewatering)."

Obviously since I posted that the timeline to the DFS is set down for quarter 1 2020 (i.e. I was guessing December).

4. Agree, will be good at some point to toast the success of AVZ with a slab of VB, and if others have a different poison of choice their choice LOL

All IMO IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.