CVN 2.50% 20.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

time for the ceo to go

1. 13,252 Posts.
    I have been a holder on and off for years since 7 cents and its been a great company and Ted has been a great CEO and and had a great career.

For me though Teds time has come to an end. Why you may ask Ted has done a great job and built it up from a minnow to a mid cap. Yes he has and I won't denigrate him but I think he has run out of steam, I really think the market want to see if CVN can really spread its wings and diversify and not have all its production from Thailand.

And by not branching out quickly enough has seen a lot of instos and funds punish CVN. While teds strategy has been build cash slowly slowly develop and move into others areas, is fine in a small cap mentality but not what is expected for a 500+ mil MC company not that long ago.

CVN should have been out moving a little quicker there have been plenty of opportunities for a cashed up mid tier Oiler but Ted has not really grabbed the bull by the horns. Companies that have the MC that CVN had are expected to build reserves and move to other areas in case of the events which unfolded in Thailand and for this reason CVN's
    SP has been cut off at the waist. Big holders see to much risk and not enough growth.

And for this reason I think Ted should step back, yes a man with his experience would make a great chairman to help guide a new CEO who has the know how to take CVN to the next level. Because his strategy while has lifted CVN into a strong mid cap. I don't think he has plan to take the next step or to move CVN into a mover and shaker in the industry. I even admit I bought in the low thirties and do see value, and think 50 cents is fair value. I just don't see much after. I know a lot will support Ted and say look at what he has done, but I want you to look at what he hasn't done. Which I think is a fair question and I think the answer is in why the instos have sold down. Great job Ted but its time to maybe become Chairman give guidence your years of experience will be an asset but I think CVN needs new direction as I would like CVN to become a ASX top 50 company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
0.005(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $366.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.5¢ 20.0¢ $724.4K 3.558M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 279612 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 485773 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.