FMG 0.18% $21.86 fortescue ltd

In a few years time, when the ships will be ready, FMG will have...

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    In a few years time, when the ships will be ready, FMG will have the edge over their peers!

I think you're right. I know I'm a lone voice, but I think that almost all the media, and many analysts continually forget what makes FMG so different from its competitors.

1. They had a baptism of fire. Made them tough as nails.
    2. They studied China and established relationships way beyond convention.
    3. They ignored convention and just ploughed ahead, ignoring their many critics.
    4. Their management is fiercely loyal to the company, unlike BHP and RIO who's MDs are constantly distracted about their job security. And if they fail they collect millions and leave. Little incentive to excel.
    5. They have proven ability to deal efficiently with obstacles that have sunk many a company.
    6. When FMG was little more than a grand dream and worth one cent, BHP's price was about $11, and RIO's $30.
    7. They own the most modern, fastest, heaviest capacity, railway lines in the world. Which might never have happened if BHP had accommodated as requested them in the beginning.
    8. They will soon own their own ships as well, as mentioned above.
    9. Sheer determination and skill. Only others with that ability recognise it, ie. many use the word 'determined', but very few know what it really means.

There are a lot more unique features. There is only one FMG and there won't be any more, the labor government saw to that.

I've bought and sold them many many times, but have never been totally out since 2003. Its been a simply amazing ride. My average selling price is around $5. What I have now is not for sale.

The post above says; "edge over its peers". When I think of the articles and statements that were made in 2003, that is a truly incredible statement. BHP and RIO were falling about with mirth then, not any more.
    The press then referred to Andrew Forrest, - not as 'billionaire Andrew Forrest', - but as 'failed entrepreneur Andrew Forrest'.

If that's failure, lets have more of it.
    Last edited by farmboy: 24/09/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.86
Change
0.040(0.18%)
Mkt cap ! $67.30B
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.18 $22.18 $21.69 $119.2M 5.445M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 14450 $21.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.87 152 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.