EDE 0.00% 0.2¢ eden innovations ltd

Time is running out for Edencrete, page-133

1. 316 Posts.
    "Eden's solution is to have a product which can use the mechanical properties of MWCNT which is far cheaper to produce and to do so in the most efficient method for which they have patents."

Have you any proof that the EDE process for producing MWCNT is far cheaper?

The EDE process is optimised for hydrogen production with CNT as a byproduct. From a chemistry perspective it suggests that the EDE process would be be (much) more expensive than one optimised for CNT production.

"Secondly, they have the rights to the IP for dispersing MWCNT in solution which makes a very convenient additive (I am guessing it doesn't work with SWCNT). "

There is apparently no IP associated with Edencrete except the trademark

"They have created a market for essentially the waste product of the hythane technology, and turned it into the primary product.'

As I said above IMO the process is optimised for hydrogen and is likely to be (much) more expensive than a process optimised for CNT..

"Even if someone came up with a competitive product, its unlikely they could source the MWCNT at a competitive price and in the quantities they would need. Eden simply has no real competition. It is revolutionary."

There is currently a massive surplus of CNT production globally. AFAIK only about 50 tonnes (1-2%of annual capacity) is currently sold. So it is probably very easy to source MWCNT at a competitive price. EDE would need to build roughly 500 reactors to match the current global capacity of 3000 tonnes pa.

IMO there is no real mass market for CNT concrete at this stage.

IMO Edencrete doesn't seem much different to any other CNT reinforced concrete when used at the same CNT levels.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EDE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.