MSB 2.17% $1.13 mesoblast limited

time is running out, page-49

1. 3,331 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2876
    With all the current speculation about trial results and the future handling of our cash position, I thought I would throw this out there.

I believe a takeover is more possible than ever - even though the few posts I remember here were mostly negative and suggest Silviu would never be part to it. Well I'm happy to be wrong, but a few things appeal to me. First (this is the leap of faith part) - I think the allogeneic therapies will be a winner in the long term for holders who last the distance and that includes especially the major shareholders, you know - the ones who never make a peep that we can hear but who certainly can have the ear of the CEO whenever they wish.

Second, that the sp got down around $1.10 level. There must have been numbers of nervous nellies around that time, and some predicted it could go under a dollar down to 80c perhaps. We were told on Hot Copper by some that such a dramatic low would draw out takeover bids!!!! The major holders as above who never make a peep could never get out of this stock selling on market at anything like $1 or $2, and why would they anyway? Until the msc therapies have travelled the whole distance, I don't believe any will want out, even Teva still holds....better to wait and see how the cards fall in the coming years - and if necessary stump up some new money if the company calls for it.  At the end of the day if MSB falls flat and the science is rubbish, then we will be lucky to get 2c in the dollar.

If my opening gambit is right, then a few boards in the Pharma space must have at least contemplated a take over of the friendly kind. It is well known for the big players to pay multiple billions for a business with multiple areas of drug and other specialties and then flog off the parts they don't want to interested parties. (Someone will jump in here and tell me MSB is not a business yet - thanks we know that).
    Anyway the stumbling block would necessarily be S.Itescu - or would it be the key?. I think we can safely assume that "they" have been in conversation with SI about everything under the sun in recent years and especially now we are drawing near the end game (actually in chess we would call this the middle game now). It's safe to say nobody in BrokerWorld is privy to Silviu's thoughts or intentions

Don't anyone get too excited this is just one man's speculation

I enjoyed the attached article from 2008 which I never read before - but read the whole article.

“My interests are aligned with the people who have backed the company. I’m not going to make decisions based on being wedded to the company. If someone came out of the blue with the right offer, why wouldn’t we consider it?”

http://www.biotechdaily.com.au/media/ceo/Mesoblast_s_Silviu_Itescu.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.13
Change
-0.025(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $1.284B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.15 $1.16 $1.11 $7.363M 6.488M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 94863 $1.13

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.13 5000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.