TMT 0.00% 26.0¢ technology metals australia limited

One needs to read the AVL ASX release fully. AVL would only...

1. 264 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 227
    One needs to read the AVL ASX release fully. AVL would only produce a Cobalt Concentrate not the expensive and very sought after  Cobalt Sulphate : to my knowledge the concentrate would roughly fetch 1/3 of the US$ 91k/ ton  world price of Cobalt metal.  Still a  very nice side income without  incurring expensive leaching etc...
    But further on p.3 AVL mentions that they would only get 14% of the income as all rights to Nickel, copper, gold ( and i assume Cobalt ) from production are held by Bryah Res. and AVL has 14% stake in Bryah.
    My questions is: does TMT also hold the rights to Cobalt, Nickel and Copper ?

Beside this I am not very clear about  the grades mentioned by AVL : usually grades for Nickel and Cobalt are given at the ore stage not after flotation. In Australia it is usually 0.1 to 0.2% for laterite ore projects on a commercial basis and around 0.1% for Sulphide.  The  biggest Copper Cobalt mine in DRC owned by Glencore has a "fantastic" grade 0.5% Cobalt. So AVL's  grade of 1.5 to 2% seems out of this world but again it is after flotation and on a sample basis.
    To my knowledge the only Co sulphide project in Australia which has managed to get grades close to DRC levels is COB. Via a simple and low cost gravity separation the grade moves from 0.08+ to a 0.45% concentrate ( before  flotation and further processing into Cobalt Sulphate) but this is still nowhere close to AVL 1.5 to 2%. I do not know if AVL /TMT Sulphide ores would allow this  process to be performed  before flotation but it may be worth a try. If successful it could save AVL/TMT a bundle of money by allowing a much reduced qty of ore to go through the flotation process ( as a result COB only need to process 20% of the mined ore). It has already done tests for a neighbour.
    Maybe  investors are slow to react but as of now AVL SP has only raised by 2.4% upon the news. It is possible they understand the details of the AVL grades better than I do because a true 2% Co should have sent the SP through the roof.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TMT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.