time to buy, page-30

1. 2,230 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43

Interesting thread.

I can guarantee it must be a time to BUY.
    How do I arrive at this? Read below...

The 'Cazzex Indicator'........
    Whatever Cazzex does...do the opposite!

We put our house on the market in 2007.... Many factors, took 2 years to sell. It was well presented, we priced it just below similar places on market, was a waterfront in a great area, waterviews from every room, new carpet, large balcony where we had meals and entertained 3' from waters' edge. It was a fabulous home (sometimes wish we hadn't left, we had lived there for 23 years).
    The Labor government came to power just after we listed it. There is a strong representation of greens up here and with all the beat up of sea level rise and the like, waterfront properties were a bit 'on the nose'. We used to get asked the most ridiculous questions....like, was our island really sinking? Anyway eventually sold for a substantial discount. Property prices fell further so we now look back as having been fortunate to have sold when we did.

Two weeks ago we put an investment property on the market in Sydney.
    The day we listed was the day the announcement came out that property prices had fallen the most in 6 years...!!

So...in view of the above, I reckon if I'm selling one should be buying...!!!

....only an opinion of course...!!#!#!!##aarrgghhh!

I would be very wary of buying a property on just $12000 deposit. Also, the type of business would be a determinant factor in ability to pay. This Government has hurt confidence and things could get worse in my opinion. The carbon tax will have a roll on effect in all areas.

Then again what isn't taken into consideration here is the ability of the person to manage the risks involved or his ability to diversify his earnings if things do not go as planned in his business. Does he have business borrowings, is he adequately insured, including income protection?
    It is so important to buy well and not overpay. Be wary of the seller who may have increased his price to collect (indirectly) some of the buyer's grant money...it happens! Main thing is to do thorough research of the area within which they are buying.

Cheers...
    Cazzex

All above opinion only not to be taken seriously or as advice!

Then again, the

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.