PME 5.69% $149.02 pro medicus limited

Time to buy, page-6

1. 688 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 252

"1. Do you still like this stock?
    2. Is now a good time to buy? Both generally in the current market / upcoming coming election etc., but more specifically PME’s current price"

It was a good time to buy when you asked the question because the price was then $26.50 and now its $27.07 !!!

But to be serious, see my post on 31 May 2019. Post #: 38843772
    The points I made then are still valid or have been reinforced since then.
    The PE is still stratospheric, with a trailing PE of 122 and a forecast PE of 98 for FY 2021.

On my version of Piotroski's F-score, PME scored 9 out of 10 with their 2020 result..
    The one miss is because their book value increased more than their sales.
    However, even that is only something of a technical miss, as they didn't make any acquisitions, rather they must have revalued their existing business upwards by more than the sales increase for the year.

The Piotroski F-score is not a value measure, rather it scores that the business has certain signs of life and the direction of various fundamental measures.
    Some of the scoring hurdles may seem trivial but few companies score above 8.

The other point scores for PME in my version are:

Cash flow was greater than capital spending - tick.
    Positive earnings - tick
    Cash flow less capital spending less interest all over book value increased year on year- tick
    Issuance of shares was less than 0.5% - tick.
    Debt to equity didn't increase or Debt less is than 5% of equity, its the latter - tick
    Cash flow greater than earnings - tick.
    Earnings divided by book value increased year on year - tick
    Margin increased year on year - tick
    Current assets less current liabilities increased year on year - tick.

The F-score was originally devised as quality measure to separate the sheep from the goats in high book value shares.It works best on smaller stocks.
    Subsequently, It has been shown that the F-score is a useful measure more broadly than just with high book value stocks, which PME certainly isn't.

Goldman Sachs forecast that PME would sign $33m worth of new 7-year contracts in FY 2021.
    With the $25m NYU Langone Health contract that was announced on 11 September 2020, PME have already reached 76% of that target. and they still have three quarters of the year to go.

Do I still like this stock? - yes.
    Is it a good time to buy? - It was better buying at $0.82 some time back or at $15 in March this year..
    You pays your money and takes your chances.

For anyone interested, here are some links on the F-score
    https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/9dc9/b030da18ab28d1e1a1bbf7e33fb5911f189e.pdf

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Charles_Hyde5/publication/301600517_The_Piotroski_F_-score_evidence_from_Australia/links/5bd2dcc7a6fdcc3a8da6bc36/The-Piotroski-F-score-evidence-from-Australia.pdf

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PME (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$149.02
Change
8.020(5.69%)
Mkt cap ! $15.56B
Open High Low Value Volume
$142.57 $149.02 $140.91 $63.48M 431.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 231 $148.78

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$149.22 10 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PME (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.