TLS 0.26% $3.84 telstra group limited

time to buy, page-58

1. 253 Posts.
    Suggest all Shareholders write to their Federal member.

This is what I wrote (Do your own version).....

As a DVA Veteran, also a shareholder in Telstra (via the T3 offer of previous Govt.) - as the Telstra share price becomes a plaything for the world hedge funds, I have become a very concerned person. The amount of value recently lost by Australian shareholders also incidentally the Future Fund must be enormous.

But this matter is not just the concern of Telstra shareholders. Senator Conroy has to abandon his fixed focus on past events and concentrate on his job, ensuring at a time of impending financial stringency, the best final process for Australia.
    We Australians want our Government be smart and strategic, mindful about value for money, also transparent and accountable.
    That is all I, as a Telstra shareholder want, an efficient process. If the tender features or government contribution have changed materially, clearly a new tender needs to be called.

If the TLS recent proposal makes sense for main cities and is the most cost effective and quick way to achieve the tender objective, then the NBN really needs to concentrate on rural and regional Australia. If the Government still believes that it’s NBN will deliver the best solutions for Australians no matter where they live, than the Government need to demonstrate how it has come to this conclusion, ie be fully transparent about its decisions.

I personally don't see how the federal government can legislate for a terrestrial broadband monopoly for the winning bidder and bar Telstra from upgrading its own network infrastructure, thereby actually impeding competition against the NBN.
    All the government would have then achieved is trading in one monopolist for another.
    However, I would be surprised if such a move would hold up in court...restraint of trade.

The new communication network will be a vitally important tool for Australian Business and for Subscribers. A costly inefficient network, with foreign interests involved, would be a disaster. Is Senator Conroy the best person to deliver this vital network?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.84
Change
0.010(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $44.36B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.85 $3.88 $3.82 $60.68M 15.76M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
26 571930 $3.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.85 16927 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.