TIME TO CANCELL $400 BILLION AUKUS SUBS !!!, page-96

1. 63 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    "the annual cost averaged out isn't massive compared to essential services like NDIS. but the couple of subs aren't an essential service."

You keep saying a couple of subs, that's not the plan.

Yes, you could call the NDIS's original concept an essential service. The Fraudenstein it has morphed into is not. Budget projections consistently had it flattening at around $20Bn-$25Bn p/a, it continues it's march towards $50Bn p/a. Joke.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6397/6397837-062fefe43bfd3e98f366725197687551.jpg

National defence not essential? I think it is.

Agree to disagree on the drones. I keep watch re what the majors are investing in. If it's good enough for them to be continuing to plough money into, that's enough for me.

The nuclear subs are too few in number if required to operate alone, but that's not our defence strategy. Our entire military is designed to be interoperable with the US, and for good reason. There's no other way we can legitimately defend ourselves or project a strong enough deterrent, unless we developed nuclear weapons & second strike capability.

Cheers!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.