GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

time to eat humble cake ..., page-38

1. 1,544 Posts.
    Siameseparrot, I'm happy to be a lonely figure on my "island" up here in paradise, where it's raining on my new rainforest.
    By the way it is not humble cake. It's definitely pie and the funny thing is that whilst the poor ate the inner parts and the rich ate the other parts, the inner parts were much more nutritious. There's a degree of irony in that.
    The rich died of heart attacks while the hard-working poor lived on.
    I am absolutely not interested in the short term gyrations of an irrational market. It may be that shares go down in the short term when the price of gold goes down in US dollars but the profits are still paid in Australian dollars. I'm looking at the long term.
    Australia is the number one gold producer now and is likely to remain so.
    If the world wants gold it has to come to Australia. The Chinese gold remains, quite correctly, in China.
    For me it's all in the price of gold in Australian dollars. I now only hold shares in one gold company and I'm very happy with it and what it is doing and will do in the very near future. I also think there will be considerable re-evaluation of other highly promising companies in the not too distant future.
    I see that gold is currently at $A968. The Australian dollar and gold have a significant linkage.
    I love my little island!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.