CVN 2.50% 20.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

time to feel good about cvn, page-4

1. 2,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    In the 1980s there was a book published called "Future Shock" wherein the focus was on the increasingly short cycles that were predicted for the future in just about everything,particularly economic cycles. A prediction was that the term "Blue Chip" would disappear ,and it sure has! You just wouldnt be able to stuff your money away,the author predicted, in the future into something like Banks and Insurers and rest easy for a seemingly certain return. Most investors however want this "store of value/no management/no nasty surprises" type of investment,because they have also taken aboard another piece of advice -that,over a long term (a very long term) traders dont do as well as those who do their homework and " value-invest" (Buffet style). Real Estate,over long time frames, more or less fits the Blue Chip concept but that is just about it. It seems to me that what is needed is an investment that spans both the long term desire and the reality of the need for short term observation. But enough of this- when did you last see an investment sector that had an almost certain,profitable, future for as long as 5 years out so that you could take an invest-and -more or less forget it approach? In short- the energy sector has the best prognosis that I think am able to image (meaning that Ive never seen such a comfortable,profitable,near certain situation before)If you have any experience of the dramatic effects of compound interest at high nominal rates then the CVN formula has got to blow you away- well after well with high probabillity of success on each and short lead times for payback ,in licence areas that will stand being drilled "forever". The Thai tax structure slightly dents the model,but in no way does it destroy it. There is absolutely no reason why CVN cant go from 2 rigs,to 3 rigs ,to 5 rigs,all without borrowing. Thus are big oil companies made. I can see an 80c SP ,followed by $1, followed by any figure you like to mention (justabout) provided you allow for the time needed to physically rev up the drilling (rigs are in short supply) and provided that the % success rate continues and provided the oil price stays at reasonable levels (CVNs progree cant be more than dented by oil prices falling,even hugely,with a cop of $7-its race forward is just slowed down ). Energy has a fantastic prognosis for the next 3-5 years,in my view and CVN is the Blue Chip most of us want. DYOR. No apologies for my enthusiasm.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
0.005(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $362.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 20.5¢ 19.8¢ $659.9K 3.254M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 533499 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 539433 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.