AVL 0.00% 1.4¢ australian vanadium limited

Time to kick a goal, page-29

1. 5,814 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1725
    You are right jskf when you say "TIVAN is not commercialized" in that its individual components have not been previously assembled and operated in combi ation in a commercial environment. No issue there.

For me I studied and entered the vanadium space late 2012 anticipating the V play that is now upon us. Was overwhelmed by the potential of VRF ESS from grid down to EV. Yes back the Subaru had developed a VRF battery for EV but never took it further then. Got my timing a tad wrong but so be it.

Now with Govt incentivised research grants and private sector investment again there is emerging a range of VRF batteries both flow and solid state that will rock this space. Key for me is not only the longevity of VRF battery but its scalability and importantly its relative environmentaly friendly footprint both in development and recycling.

To the point. The V window is on us and if the uptake is even half the predicted YOY increase in demand then Australia is well placed to take a solid piece of the pie. There are c 14 stocks on ASX with V resources and we all know the lead players that could realistically enter production phase near or medium term. It will require commercially groundbreaking hydrometalurgical processes (there could easily be a number of successful processes). Traditional sources for vanadium and extraction processes are on the out, hence in part the squeeze on supply side.

So in the end there is room for everyone. No ASX vanadium play need be concerned about demand IMHO, the focus and determining factor will ultimately be all in cost of production.

While I threw a barb at you a while back, it was not intended in a derogatory way merely a warning that the road can throw up many unexpected corners.

I really do hope all the commercially viable ASX vanadium plays find their way to production and more that sustainable energy coupled with ESS creates a better life for all those billions of peeps in emerginging nations that have no access to power at all let alone unreliable power. It's a win win and may have a huge bearing on continued global growth.

Anyway enough, let's all hope for green next week.
    Last edited by maxter: 27/01/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $120.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.4¢ 1.5¢ 1.4¢ $16.26K 1.158M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
36 12865080 1.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.5¢ 10979895 31
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.