time to own up on the property forum??, page-32

1. 19,300 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    "You alone have no bearing or influence on the property price trend either in a boom or a bust."

Never said I did

"If you read my question clearly, I am referring to the masses who have blindly dismissed the possibility of a bust and this is how they all end in tears."

Yes but as I said the bust does not have to be a dramatic crash i.e. stagnation.

"Your profile owning your own home with 3 rentals on the side is a common place among people I know. Unlike you (being so fortunately), they are struggling."

If they are struggling then they did not do their numbers on their investments. Besides which there is struggling and there is struggling.

"Pride and excitement 6 months ago now sounds more like an albatross around their necks. Yet, they defy and hope for a safe passage. Negative gearing will soon become a dirty word."

Negative gearing is a tool not the answer.

The other thing to bear in mind is that the majority only own their own home and it is surprising what you can cut back on and how little you can survive on to continue paying that mortgage at the high points which will not last long anyway.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.