SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

TIme to resign Andrew Grech., page-10

1. 1,424 Posts.
    Mighty
    Have you any idea of the likely number of claims that are affected. This cannot be seen to be good news for sgs. But regulatory risk is something that Sgh has dealt with all its history. I will do some further analysis tonight but look at the revenue and ebitda pie chart I can't see soft tissue claims responsible for all of that. Please correct me but the sgs model means when somebody has an accident and they are not at fault sgs essentially step and fund the loss gaining a margin on every touch point. What changes? Fraudulent and unmeritorous claims removed. Is that bad, didn't Sgh provide some guidance that efforts are being made in improve the quality of the case files. I find that somewhat consistent with today's announcement. Also lets just reflect on nhil. What's was Slater and Gordon's commentary around these files. Psd had over invested in this. Is this the commentary of a company attempting to commendation not deserved. The ceo has said the UK Pi industry is consolidating at an accelerating pace. I think today's Uk announcement is all part of the change , certainly doesn't come at the most opportune time so soon after the acquisitio. But to think 70000 people are now going trundle through small claims instead. I don't think so. I am yet to fully understand the sgs model. But off the hip the margins on the medical side seem cocaine like. I suggest this might be well and truely under attack. I can't see how a well oiled facilitator in between those suffering loss and the insurance companies doesn't have a place. If it was totally without an adversarial need those suffering loss would just drop around at the insurance company and cut a deal. From what I can tell Nsw and Queensland have had change and in the case of nsw revenues and margins have recovered. The sun will come up in the UK in the morning all UK firm will be affected by the proposed changes. I just don't think the renewed sgs model centred around pressuring UK insurers to settle unmeritorous claims. Maybe others can comment but th Uk business pre sgs didn't appear to centre around these low value claims. Anyway best to go back over the psd acquisition data. Guidance again confirmed. I don't think its a desperate plea to be heard.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.