ZIP 5.24% $2.01 zip co limited..

I have a few thoughts on tap and zip.It increases turnover of...

1. 243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 124
    I have a few thoughts on tap and zip.
    It increases turnover of monies. Ie to use tap and zip for everyday spending and the traditional bnpl discretionary spending means more money needs to be transferred to Zip via debit card. You saw the stats someone recently posted. A massive drop in credit cards and a huge surge in debit card payments. Much of this is going to bnpl companies when you out two and two together. And the rest I would say with covid people are putting less on credit card due to uncertain times.
    Zip has maintained quadpay has been delivering over 2 percent NTM since acquisition and with its dramatic TTV and customer growth.

People have been asking when zip will announce an update. If you look at a few of their previous announcements one of them said they are no longer required to post a quarterly announcement but will continue to provide a quarterly update. So I would expect we will see a quarterly update sometime between now and end of Jan and then in Feb we will see a half yearly report that's going to look outstanding.
    In November Zip global had 5.3 million customers. When you look at the app downloads off sensor data for quadpay they are in excess of 500 K and we know Zip was the number 1 app trending and downloading in the ANZ region likely due to their promotion on offer and also due to ongoing acceleration and awareness of their brand. Zip went from a annualised 4.8 billion TTV in October to approx 6.95 billion TTV by November in just one month..
    We have taken and zip ramping up which will see some customers increase their individual spend with zip by a multiple of 10-20 times (it has for me) so this could show a big jump in TTV across the ANZ region that is representing approx 50 percent of its global biz

We should also see an announcement in the next one or two months indicating that Quadpay is now the largest segment of Zips business. In Oct it was 40 and in Nov quadpay reached 46 percent of total global business each month. With quadpay growing number of transactions, TTV and revenue more than 6x faster than the ANZ region my guess is Dec or Jan this year quad will deliver > 50% of monthly revenues.

the UK region should see tremendous percentage growth off a very small base , but if that's maintained for 6 months or more those numbers will start to be significant.

Good luck all holders, Shorters may get into trouble soon, I can understand why they've shorted the likes of Webjet with covid and travel restrictions but Zis growth during the covid year has been exceptional.
    My take is smart Shorters will already be existing out of Zip and those less savvy will be left holding the bag as it begins to squeeze them.
    we could on a good announcement see Zip jump 25 to 40 percent in a week as it adjusts and rerates.

what we can be sure of is a lot of bad publicity by the likes of motley and simplywallst to try and keep the shareprice down like they've done before other annouchements (I'm sure they are both short )

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.