AKK 0.00% 0.3¢ austin exploration limited

Time to Stop-Over Analyzing ...., page-2

1. 1,528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 93
    It is really questionable whether a news story on its own required a whole new HC thread to be created Cmon.

Saying that - I haven't heard anyone suggest a freeze is likely for some time. What I have heard is countries discussing more realistic production drops to better support oil price.

For example: Saudi Arabia has just told OPEC overnight that its oil production dropped by 40,000 barrels a day in August to 10.63 million barrels as the group debates a deal to curb output to shore up prices.
    The figures were submitted to the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, according a person with knowledge of the data, who asked not to be identified because the information hadn’t yet been made public. The country’s output declined from an all-time high of 10.67 million barrels a day in July, according to OPEC submissions.

Also: OPEC and Russia are putting cooperation back on the table, after two years of a Saudi-led strategy by the producer group to pump flat out to protect market share against the surge in U.S. shale oil.

So no great big talk of an oil freeze or a problem of over analysing present IMO.

As I said to Sector - some production cooperation between oil producing countries would be to their benefit I do not expect a large foot on the breaks or anything like that unless the problem of low oil price becomes increasingly sustained.

That is when Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq and Russia who are reliant on oil to sustain their economies and power structure will need to take some drastic action if civil/ social disruptions begin to occur.

So no real 'over-analysis' here but perhaps the market is too heavily relying/expecting a production freeze knee jerk reaction by OPEC + Russia. I doubt it would happen. Rather, They will make a statement saying they are progressively working on the oil glut problem and we are likely to then see a slow concerted effort by oil producing countries to wind back a bit of the over production.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.