BHP 0.07% $42.41 bhp group limited

Time to take action (1/2 IO prod)

1. 3,604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 177
    It seems to me that everyone knows that over-production of iron ore is leading to a weak IO price,
    except of course, the management of BHP.
    BHP should take the lead and halve production. The iron ore price would double (assuming the other players follow BHP's lead - which you think they would on principle). This would lead to:
    1. Doubling the price of IO.
    2. Stopping the downward movement in BHP's share price.
    3. Maybe, just maybe, putting an end to this long overdue commodity contraction (incl Oil)
    4. BHP would be a hero in everyone's eyes worldwide (also great for self-esteem of shareholders and Management)
    5. Possibly stopping its low share price from having a drag on the ASX overall (I don't have a holding in BHP, but it
    seems that a strong Big Australian would benefit all stocks).

* In case the others (eg RIO) don't come to the party, it will still be beneficial to BHP, for eg) Iron ore rises
    to say $60. They dig half the amount, therefore costs are lower. This could put support under the share price.

By doing nothing and just pumping more IO into the market is just plain stupid. If OPEC can so easily manipulate
    the oil price, why cant RIO, Vale and BHP not do the same?? Don't management care about shareholder value or for that matter the company itself. They should because of its massive debt a low share price leads to all kinds of problems (Debt to equity ratio, etc). Lenders get nervous, the share price drops some more, debt covenants come into focus, more selling. Its a spiral which should be avoided... BHP get proactive!
    Your thoughts?

tbs

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$42.41
Change
0.030(0.07%)
Mkt cap ! $215.0B
Open High Low Value Volume
$42.50 $42.65 $42.22 $486.6M 11.45M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 12579 $42.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$42.45 1000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$42.40
  Change
0.030 ( 0.01 %)
Open High Low Volume
$42.64 $42.65 $42.22 1987414
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.