PLS 3.17% $3.05 pilbara minerals limited

Time to Talk Offtakes

1. 6,296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    It doesn't get any clearer than this.
    The three major points are included in a recent statement by Xi. In addition Premier Li Keqiang has often referenced "New Energy" as a major goal in the next 5 years.

Upgrade the auto industry/ What they mean is take the initiative to finally break auto vehicle global markets. Something they have failed at dismally. In fact perhaps their major industrial failure. The down stream value for Chinese industry could be huge if successful

Reduce their dependence on oil considered a strategic necessity.

Tackle the pollution problem or at least be seen by the population as being pro active.

That is why they are moving in on Pilangoora imo
    Safe supply
    Quicker to market than brines
    More stable supply than brines
    Hard rock which is the preference of downstream processors

Stable government in Australia
    Cheaper entry point.

Quicker entry point without negotiated graft in South America.
    Closer to ports and less reliant on the poor transport infrastructure in S.A

I am convinced they are making a play for the Pilangoora region.
    Even if unsuccessful they will raise the value of assets of PLS, AJM, and to a lesser degree but still pertinent MCT and DKO. For investors initial action may be in AJM and PLS but MCT and DKO may provide good upside as they develop resources.

ALL MY OPINION ONLY

President Xi Jinping has designated the development of electric vehicles as a strategic initiative in a bid to upgrade the auto industry, curb pollution and cut dependence on imported oil.

The government is stepping up its support after signs the combination of research grants, consumer subsidies and infrastructure investments is yielding results as new-energy vehicle sales surged more than fourfold last year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.05
Change
-0.100(3.17%)
Mkt cap ! $9.185B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.13 $3.15 $3.02 $74.55M 24.33M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 89482 $3.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.05 37502 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.