time to walk away for a while?, page-4

1. 14,914 Posts.
    Kate, like cain said if you are even asking the question, you are out of your depth. If you dont have a clear cut plan, or you dont know what your doing, get out. The market will always be there. But its also always there to take your money.

In a situation like yours, I sell everything and paper trade. The next time I hit an uncertain spot, I should know what to do and the lesson hasnt cost me a cent. If you still are taking losses papertrading then you need to adjust your trading methods so that you are in sync with the markets.

I come to these points every now and then and dont mind saying that I switch from real trading to paper trading and back again. Its not just you, everyone has learning curves, but its up to you how much you pay for those learning curves.

Having said all of that, if you keep trading and lose your profits, you will learn to get out when it gets too thick. Big losses tend to get tattoed inside your head. The trick is to keep the loss from wiping you out completely. Dont risk it I say....paper trade for a while and take a break.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.