KAR 0.44% $1.71 karoon energy ltd

timeline etc

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3828
    As mentioned last week, the target thkness was 220m pre-drill, the ann'mnt this arvo said 216m+ with HC's present, which is good.

Bit of panic amongst holders when they say "fishing" & no flow rates being mentioned.

Attached figure, shows this reservoir (in yellow/green) till the red line, which marks the 220m boundary. I still think they should have drilled deeper, simply b'coz at SR they had HC bearing Triassic sands.

Photobucket

------------------------------------------------------------

As for the unexpected delay today, its just a minor glitch which may have eventuated from the possible tight hole condition in some spots.

The hole diameter is about 6 inches, so a bit of tug-n-pull will snap the cable & leave the tool stuck behind.

Wireline logs are done from bottoms up, i.e. drop the tool to TD of 5112m, stop at the right areas to record reservoir pressure, collect gas sample or sidewall cores & keep moving it upwards till 4588m (7" liner was set here).

Fishing a tool should b under 24 hrs in all.

So we are still looking at WL logs completion by say tomorrow nite & then 24-72 hrs DST's/flowtest, so come back Friday morning/ arvo for flow results.

In the meantime, expect a lot of accumulation is bound to occur.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.71
Change
-0.008(0.44%)
Mkt cap ! $1.370B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.73 $1.73 $1.70 $1.678M 980.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 56050 $1.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.72 46425 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.49am 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.