times can't be that bad

1. 2,086 Posts.
    As I sit here in my study, admiring the uninterrupted view of the Perth metropolitan area that I am fortunate enough to enjoy, wherever I gaze over the horizon, I see millions of dollars being blown up into the air.

I love a Sunburnt Country, and consider myself a very proud Australian, and I am all for celebrating this great country, but I can't help but feel that the millions of dollars being spent around the country on putting a few sparkles in the sky for a fleeting moment, could be better put to use strengthening the foundations of economy, or helping the poor, or building new hospitals and schools, new roads and infrastructure....the list is endless.

We constantly hear about the americans, and how they live beyond their means, but it is we Australians who have a much higher ratio of debt compared to income.

If it's going to take a recession for people to realise the value of money, and for people to start saving instead of spending, and spending sensibly when need be, then I say bring it on.

What's wrong with simply celebrating our proud country with a few friends and a few beers around the barbeque?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.