XJO 0.86% 7,829.7 s&p/asx 200

Hi gloveski,You asked whether BHP and CBA can be used as proxies...

1. 1,268 Posts.
    Hi gloveski,

You asked whether BHP and CBA can be used as proxies to the XJO when charted using lars cycles. I've taken BHP as your chosen proxy to the XJO and here are the cycles behaviour so that you can compare to the cycles chart of XJO already posted to allow you to form your own opinion:)

Observations:

=================

1. Short term cycle of BHP is down, and price will soon enter the time window for a cyclic low, with a projected bottom around 5th May. Note - the projected bottom of the XJO by lars cycles also falls on the same date if you care to refer to the XJO chart already posted. In that sense, the timing does mirror that of XJO for this particular phase.

2. Longer term cycle of BHP is still up. From the chart it appears that the long term cycle top will occur almost coincident to that of the next short term cycle top- again, mirroring that of the XJO short term and long term cycles.

For some weekend discussion, I've also drawn a golden spiral/fib vortex on the chart, with the centre at C, a spoke at A and a spiral at B. You can see that prices follow the spokes and spirals. I've circled in green the two potential spots which are obtained when a vertical line is drawn through the projected bottom on 5th May, as a projected time-price location...so that is shown for our interest if we wish to track its future performance.

On the basis of the BHP chart, we do see some signs that BHP as an individual stock is able to mirror closely the XJO - however, such an inference is extended only to the current phase, because our comparison period is of short duration.

Theinin himself has shown the lars indicators to be applicable over all financial instruments. As for intraday cycles, my personal experience is that they offer better analytical value if used in conjunction with other timing tools such as the exhaustion bars, bar counting and fibonacci tools such as fib vortex, and fib levels.

The most amazing discovery was that the use of a definitive astro technique could take out over 90% of the inversions that plaque most cycles study (with or without lars cycles toolkit)...and I say this because astro has belonged to the realm of mysticism and lesser known and lesser used "tool" in financial analysis:)

Hope this feedback is useful to you, and we have not had moved too far from the designated topic of discussion in this Charting forum.

Regards,

dascore

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.