XJO 0.86% 7,829.7 s&p/asx 200

Hi FishingAndBeer,Both Google and Yahoo finance provide intraday...

1. 1,268 Posts.
    Hi FishingAndBeer,

Both Google and Yahoo finance provide intraday data free for the last 10 days. Google intraday data will be excellent for your intended use because it is relatively spike free unlike yahoo finance. You can get free downloaders for intraday data if you google for it. You can also create web queries in spreadsheet that will harvest the intraday data directly for you from Google and have a resource ( see the bottom of this post ) to chart up for you.

The basic understanding of the smart money index is that during the first half hour, the emotional, news following, opportunity seeking traders ( and hence generally termed the "dumb money" ) is trading, while during the last final hour, the more professional and better informed traders ( and hence the term "smart money" ) will be trading. Since there are variations to this, perhaps you will like to try some variations, involving the first half hour.

One way to work out turning points using moving averages is to use the centred moving averages. Check out the work of J M Hurst and centered moving averages. You will find his work interesting.

Finally, if you would like to have a resource to assist you, I would like to send you a software for free that will run off your excel sheet with price transform functions and 89 technical indicators comprising excellent cyclic studies,statistics, volatility, momentum and volume studies. The cyclic studies will help you in doing most CIT studies. Just let me have your throw away email address if you are interested.

Cheers and happy trading,

dascore

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.