CMR 0.00% 15.0¢ compass resources limited

timing is exquisite - hnc to open area 55

1. 2,463 Posts.
    Timing is exquisite isn't it - open Area 55 for mining just in time for the pirates

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2010/05/19/148691_nt-business.html

Push for Batchelor open pit operation

May 19th, 2010

A CHINESE-backed company wants to open a mine near Batchelor, 100km south of Darwin.

HNC Resources has lodged an application with the Northern Territory Government to develop the copper, cobalt and nickel open pit operation.

The application covers a site known as Area 55, near Litchfield Park Rd, 8km northwest of the township.

The ore will be processed at the nearby Browns plant.

The project footprint will be about 173ha and will be on land owned by Compass Resources, the Finniss River Land Trust and the Crown.

The mine will operate only during daylight hours and only during the dry season over about four years.

The site contains a relatively small deposit of about 4.7 million tonnes. Ore from the pit will be trucked by a back road to the Browns processing plant, about 3.5km to the northeast.

Enough ore will be mined and stockpiled at Browns during the Dry to allow for processing throughout the wet season.

Area 55 will extend the life of the processing plant.

HAR is the Australian-owned subsidiary of the large Chinese resource company Hunan Nonferrous Metals Corporation, which is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. HAR will now prepare an environmental impact statement.

The Browns oxide project and the Area 55 mine are owned by a 50:50 joint venture between the tenement holder Compass Resources Limited and HNC.

HAR is the operator of the Browns project.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.