GRD 0.00% 54.5¢ grd limited

timing of announcement leaves a lot to be desired , page-2

1. 64 Posts.
    I agree that the timing of the announcement seems a little odd, as surely this info was known when releasing the annual result...This is actually the first i have seen on budgeted performance of Eastern Creek - have been scanning over announcements and the website, but knew nothing on projections...

Im not too concerned about 2006 - if they can break even or possibly record a small profit, i think it would be an outstanding result. This is a world first plant, totally new business, and im sure there would be issues in getting up to speed, but if they can do it within 2 years then all seems well. From then on you government backed revenue for 25 odd years, and opportunities to deliver outputs to a range of customers...having the plant fully working is a great marketing effort to win future contracts..

Also, the amount that would have been learned in getting Eastern Creek up and running can now be transfered to projects such as Lancashire and Melbourne, and future deals.

I think the main thing to focus on is the passing of all the operating KPI's and acceptance of outputs by customers. The short term profitability of the new business is not a biggy for me, but clealy if you are only going to be in the stock for a couple of years then it is as the market reacts poorly to losses.

Overall, ive actaully gained a lot more confidence having read this recent announcement. Break even in 2006 would be great.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.