LYC 0.90% $7.70 lynas rare earths limited

timing of tol / re pricing notes, page-31

1. 18,450 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    lei88

You obviously have an understanding of the politics of Malaysia and we are all better educated in Asian politics since we have become LT shareholders in Lynas. Thanks for your input.

Re: politics and investment: it is very easy to say "if we had done this'n that, things would be better" and this would apply to our domestic political situation as well, to personal situations etc. ; i.e. GFC: 'I would be have been better of I had not invested my money in the share market'! We have all forgotten how scandalous the machinations of certain Western banks, starting from the U.S.A. were in the occurrence of the global financial crisis; even the Americans are now looking down their collective noses at Europe and the Europeans and how they can't manage their 'mess' which we all seem to have forgotten started from the U.S. - So I am not inclined to name-calling in regard to Malaysia.

What nobody could predict was the political awakening that has been going on around the world in nations who have rulers who are either dictators or who have been ruled under the mantle of democracy, yet in effect by the decisions made by a small group of powerful men/women, appearing to serve their self-interest.

Due to the internet, facebook and myriad new ways of communicating, 'the people' around the world are realising they can use their democratic rights, they can demonstrate. Lucky for their people Malaysia does have a parliamentary democratic constitution and anyone disagreeing with any major decision can make themselves heard, without risking life and limb.

There are big issues at stake in Malaysia. IMO: the Lynas issue is (wrongly) used to demonstrate that a large group of Malaysia's citizenry are worried about nuclear power, because the Government wants to build the first nuclear reactor; they are closer to the Fukushima disaster, hence there is genuine fear and concern.

The fact that the radiation issue is misunderstand as regards Lynas is not important to the gut reaction of Malaysians to anything resembling nuclear. A local politician (Fuziah) has used this fear to further her own cause.

Politicians here and in other democratic countries often try and rally public support on similar emotional bases for their own ends; sometimes they actually do have a real cause, sometimes not, sometimes they succeed, sometimes not.

I believe we may have to wait a little bit longer, maybe until after the election, but I am certain Lynas will become a producer of the much-needed REEs pretty soon, and if not very soon, then after the election.

Cheers

Taurisk

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.