CBA 0.65% $139.70 commonwealth bank of australia.

timing to go short, most here got it so wrong!, page-15

1. 9,509 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    Dreamcatcher, i'm guessing that your CBA short is the only share you have, otherwise your wish for all things bad in your post would drag everything down with it, not just your short of CBA. (including your super)

a word of advise (but not financial advise)

if the world does go off a cliff, most people would be heading for safe havens and one of Australia's safest haven apart from Telstra is CBA and the worst months to short anything are December and January as historically there is an 80% chance anything decent you buy on the 1st of December will be worth more on the 1st of February, it's called the Santa Claus rally. It doesn't always work, but it has this year and if America can at least muddle through CBA is heading higher due to lower interest rates and the santa rally.

The republicans wont agree to any of Obama's plans but they couldn't agree on their own back up plan, so you can almost bank on something going through congress that no-one will like, that will kick the can down the road, everyone will complain and blame the other side, but it will return to business as usual, with more and more people cashing in their term deposits and heading for safe high yielding stocks like CBA and TLS.

Just my 2 cents worth, but i would never short a high yielding safe haven during a Santa rally,

All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$139.70
Change
0.900(0.65%)
Mkt cap ! $233.6B
Open High Low Value Volume
$139.45 $139.80 $139.00 $108.3M 798.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12 $139.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$139.71 56 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.49am 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CBA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.