CZI 0.00% 22.0¢ cassini resources limited

Timing your sell, page-4

1. 1,088 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I think both of you have made some very good points and it simply goes to exemplify differences in investing approaches / styles and goals.

Me - I think CZI has a way to run but who really knows? I think there are a number of reasons that support a conclusion that the CZI SP will continue to appreciate.

However, I plan to withdraw my original capital at some point in time and be free carried in a reasonable parcel (e.g. 50k - 75k of shares). I will set some reasonably tight stops for those remaining shares so I hang on to my profits in a falling SP.

That's my plan and each must find their own way. Capital preservation is very, very high on my agenda. I lived through the GFC and watched just $100,000 evaporate before my eyes. I remember thinking, 'this will change, this will change'! How wrong I was!

I also have my eye on another stock that I want to try and get a foothold in as I have some good info on it. And I would like to repeat the process with that stock as well. Trouble is, that stock has very tight register and I think it will be hard, or expensive, to climb aboard.

Irrespective of my plan - I think CZI is a good investment. I am not interested in ramping up or down. I have a plan and will do my best to execute that plan.

Interestingly, yesterday I was talking to someone who is a reasonable player in CZI and that person made mention of the, "when to sell" question. It's seems to be a decision between selling as we get close to drilling results as often there is a dip after. However, the opposite could easily apply. It is a conundrum no doubt. That person also mentioned the other stock I referred to above. He has a big position in that company as well.

It's all a game Barret and Wang but to my mind capital preservation ought to be the very first rule of business. That might well sound all too obvious but you wouldn't believe how many people ignore that rule. I was one of them.

Each to his own and good luck to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CZI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.