PLL 3.33% 15.5¢ piedmont lithium inc.

So, when the whole world needed lithium for glass, ceramics and...

1. 296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    So, when the whole world needed lithium for glass, ceramics and medicines , the Tin-Spodumene-Belt in North Carolina provided that supply AT PROFIT and as I say to the whole world.
    It was not until Tin and Lithium prices dropped off in the late 80's , early 90's that the region stopped producing.
    In the old historical document there are at least 6-8 mines named , locations provided and suggestions that shallow Tin was soft and pliable. Once it got to depth of ( from memory ) 100-200 feet deep the tin became harder and needed crushing as per normal hard rock mining. This is where the % held within the ore went from 5-12% in the soft upper tin to 65% tin within ore !

Two points Joe does not seem to cover.

1 - In 2000 a report you can find online freely concluded there was approximately 750 Million Tonnes LCE still within the T-S-B fault line over 65 kilometers. Stronger sources of spodumene ore start just South of Kings Mountain and progress in a Northerly direction increasing in size, higher grade and tonnage to the East of Cherryville. So this puts the majority of the current main body of land in the hotspot.

2 - Joe does not seem to take onboard the concept of proving up new resources, as the current exploration is open in most directions North, South, East and West and to depth. This is slso open cast country and has always been open for mining in various forms. Piedmint Lithium are bang on the money and Mr Musk knows this. Look he is a man on a mission. He has already lookwd over Cypress brines - bag of old crock and binned it to go alone and make Tesla engineers come up with a way to try and get lithium out of clay using salt. Well nobody can doubt his energy , but here at Piedmont it is simple. It is hard rock lithium spodumene with 100 years of pofitable mining and data behind it. These are facts. Geology does not suddenly disappear or generally change. There are a number of shuttered mine heads with data of grades and depths ready for Piedmont to buy off and move from 50-70 year old shaft and shovel to open seam open pit. The VP of Sales has already said this. They are already looking to expand production.
    When Mr Musk says he wants 30% , my thinking he will be saying initially but in real life and semi trucks coming online with double the lithium, he will be wanting 50,000 tonnes per year if Lithium Hydroxide.

Just do your own research and trust the formation in N Carolina. Tesla battery engineer jobs being advertised for the Raleigh area is a very positive sign. Once again I will say stand back, look at a map of the area and see the bigger picture with Tesla. Tesla Buffalo plant is just over the border from Sayona project with rock spodumene. Weird they were the strategic go to mine ? Or obvious choice when NAL already have the Lithium Hydroxide plant , which if Sayona can buy NAL will save $375million in Canada. Back in North Carolina and if Tesla buy the mines licences outright both Albamerle 17km down the freeway and Livent just 6 km away both have processing plant and very little supply from the lical mines. Obvious to save another $375 million x 2 and provide for royalties and a bit of cash upfront by Tesla get access to 2 processing plants if not just 1.

Maybe it is just me but cost savings, expansion for better economics and much lighter CO2 carbon footprint looks very possible.

Tesla buyout imho. Yes maybe $80.00 per share would be a little low, may be $100.00 per share ? Hasn't Musk just made a cool Billion on bitcoin last week ? That would do it !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.5¢
Change
0.005(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $64.64M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.0¢ 16.0¢ 15.0¢ $92.62K 587.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 128406 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 237907 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.