MLX 1.25% 40.5¢ metals x limited

With copper credits and copper at record prices the Tas tin...

1. 3,996 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 344
    With copper credits and copper at record prices the Tas tin operation looks like getting revenue 3 times its costs per ton of tin adjusted. Coming on to the market when tin is hotter than gold. Not from speculation at all, but from pure, unadulterated, industrial demand. Tin will be one of the metals right at the core of demand for the most important things in the electronics and clean power industries. Electronic solder is now 100% tin. Enough said?

My picks for two of the top metals are tin and cobalt, because demand is high and they are hard to find in any quantity, with nickel not far behind. MLX has a trifecta. While the Americans are talking recession, MLX is looking like cash city. There are no stockpiles of tin or cobalt anywhere that will hit any market I know of.

Why would we want a takeover? Why let someone else have the profits? One of the big multis wanted to take Woodside off us for about $14 and many shareholders were angry with Costello for recognising the national interest and not letting them have it. What is it now? Almost $50? Dont hear them complaining now. Costello saved them from their own myopia. Anyone who wanted to sell Woodside for that silly price should have been given a special award-a Mister Magoo prize.

My suggestion to the wise is not to think too short term. We should own a lot of our own best assets and not just be wage slaves in our own country. Wingellina is the first deposit delineated up there, not the only one there. They are now starting on a second deposit, which will almost certainly be another elephant deposit next door and with cobalt credits, which promise to be spectacular. It is in short supply with only about 65,000tpa production in the whole world, when every hybrid car laptop, mobile phone etc uses it-ie advanced battery needs it. A little Prius uses 2.5kg.(See Wikipedia-Cobalt) There will be a million of these hybrids on the road in the next few years in the USA alone. Probably many times that number in total-and growing. With petrol prices rising etc sales are really rolling in the US Canada Europe, Japan etc. GM and Ford are getting in on the act with Reanult etc.
    Its also in all the latest jet engines for case hardening metals and aircraft demand is exploding.
    Im a conservative, fact oriented statistician who has done analysis half my life for a living, and developed Australias statistical capacity in this area, but also a market analyst (Started in motor industry) Im confident that you HC ers doing your sums are way under what is possible there, and happening in the markets for the metals. Doing some careful homework on this one will pay off. Everybody puts the lowball estimate on. The metals analysts all do and their predictions of what is happening are all wrong, in the same direction. They almost invariably under-estimate future prices. They may be geologists or whatever, but forecasting is better done by those skilled in economics and statistics. A big chartered accounting firm produced a paper on this at a US minerals conference a few weeks ago and showed just this consistent underestimation year after year. They dont seem able to learn from their own mistakes.

Wingellina twentieth? Add cobalt and the new deposits and we are talking top five or so down the track. Could even hit no 1 if the credits are big enough and production is expanded-there is plenty of ore to do that. W and the new deposit together could be among the worlds most important future sources of cobalt.

Im not boosting-just saying what is. MLX is like the Demtel man, but wait, there's more! There is too, you wont guess what it could be, but it could blow your socks off. I know what it is but MLX dont yet. Not a takeover short termers the potential is a lot better than that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
40.5¢
Change
0.005(1.25%)
Mkt cap ! $367.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.5¢ 41.0¢ 39.5¢ $348.2K 866.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50 40.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.5¢ 34179 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.