ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

tintsfield pilot operational, page-34

1. 16,272 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 399
    psi81 and Yaq

I agree with yaq ... reserves can't be for just a few km around the pilot wells .. it doesn't add up. Must be for 1P only... see below.

Looking back over time in 2008/09 when reserves were largely from the Bibbelwindi vertical 9-spot wells (long-term data over years) we had 21 PJ of 1P (all on PEL 238 basis not ESG net) and 218 PJ 2P. A recent report from Deutsche stated(obviously on advice from ESG) that their stacked laterals would produce 8 PJ/well. Now assuming say 5 PJ of that is from the Bohena (which was the only seam in reserves back then) then this early pilot would have to be certfied to draw on an area of around 44 square km (218/5) .. which I think is unlikely. More likely they draw on around 4-5 square km = hence the 1P figure of 21 PJ (~ 21/5).

Now we have some of BW West in reserves and the Bibbelwindi multi-lateral and we have 115 PJ of 1P and 1,520 PJ 2P. Makes sense again if the area immediately around these wells is used for 1P (3 pilots each drawing 5 pJ/well and using an area of say 6 square km around each pilot) but not 2P. To have 1,520 PJ of 2P(from at most 2 seams so say 6 PJ/well) from a total of 3 pilots makes no sense at all if only a few km around the wells is being used.

H

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.