ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

H,Production per well has nothing to do with it - that 8PJ per...

1. 6,295 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2501
    H,

Production per well has nothing to do with it - that 8PJ per well only covers the gas that well is going to produce. The actual 2P area around a well can be much bigger than the well's drainage area. You just have to drill more wells to access it.

There were 9 wells in that pilot. That means a wider area than just assuming the pilot to be a point source. But let's go with point source for now. Let's assume a 1km grid spacing.

1P Reserves can go one well spacing from the pilot. That's basically a 3x3km 1P Reserves area (including the original developed grid square). So that's a roughly 9km^2 area for 1P Reserves.

2P on the other hand can go 3km from each pilot, which means a 7x7 or 49km^2 area. If they have any pressure monitoring bores around the pilots and can demonstrate communication, this could increase.

So the 2P area around the pilot is at least 5x the 1P as a minimum and possibly 10x or more. There are gas content and net coal variations to take into account too.

ESG's two Reserves announcements you quoted below have a 10:1 and 13:1 2P:1P figure so that's consistent.

I have a feeling I'll be e-mailing NSAI next week. :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.