AXM 0.00% 1.1¢ apex minerals nl

tipping point, page-23

1. 1,038 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Juk (and others),
    Never overlook the potential versatility of the processing plant at Wiluna, all sorts of options exist. Gold is extremely hydrophobic and will float but it depends on the gangue minerals and the mineralogy as to if they can blend the ores. It is possible to split the streams and there is enough leach capacity. It needs good technical investigation, something that they can't afford.
    The real problem at Apex is that most of the ore that is available to mine on the lease is in East Lode and WLC. Unfortunately, this requires a capital investment in pumping to get down between and below the old workings. Most of the remaining ore is deep and subject to Seismic activity (and the scrutiny of the Mines Department, there have been some big bangs down there). The problem is that there have been too many raisings and a total loss in confidence (rightly so). I still believe that there is a viable mine here but the likelihood of it being so diminishes daily. Every day, the need for investment in mining gear, power station, tailings dam requirements and other investment requirements grow, inversely proportional to investor confidence. I have a fundamental belief that if you can’t do justice to the resource, leave it to those that can.
    I am sure that a proposal for Youanmi and Wilsons will pop up somewhere but you would have to say, things are bleak at Wiluna (I am known for the odd understatement).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.