OIL 13.9% 20.5¢ optiscan imaging limited

Tiresias: Enthusiasm uncurbed, page-3

1. 42 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Although OIL have always been, pardon the pun, laser-focussed on developing their tech for medical instruments, did they ever, at least in the early days, explore other fields, non-medical related, as possible markets for development and application of their technology? Sorry as that may be a dumb question as nothing immediately springs to my mediocre mind. Still...does anybody here know?

Also, can our current products be used for scientific research that does not require FDA approval? Can the tech be modified in the future for biological research of non-human subjects that bypasses the need for FDA approval?

I know the medical applications are the obvious case, and there are enough possibilities to explore and develop in the medical field in the immediate future. But are there other commercial areas where it can be adapted and applied?

In veterinary science (I'm thinking for research labs in universities, not in vet clinic!) I'm sure it would come into use and a uni would stump up for the price. Although not as lucrative, wouldn't it have been an easier path to actually selling products in the first case, as presumably this would not have required as stringent approvals, such as what the FDA requires for the human medical field? This is only in hindsight, considering HOW LONG the FDA process has been in some cases.

These are all probably very dumb questions,but I have always wanted to ask to get some clarity, so any insights would be greatly appreciated..

I guess these questions shouldn't be under Tiresias's thread, but I'm hoping the great Seer might peer down from Mount Olympus and provide a few insights himself ;-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OIL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
0.025(13.9%)
Mkt cap ! $171.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.5¢ 21.0¢ 18.0¢ $172.4K 886.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2833 20.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 164416 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OIL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.