TIS 0.00% 0.0¢ tissue therapies limited

tis doing their best - imho, page-12

1. 212 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    The exact specifications of Virogro are not public but one can tell basically what it is from the patent which is number 7659367 in this database.
    http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/search-bool.html
    It is a protein complex (ie multiple proteins with an affinity for each other) composed of the extracellular matrix protein vitronectin and growth factors. The patent says that selecting certain portions of these proteins and combining them is sufficient to get the wound healing effect, so probably the commercial product is just ‘bits of proteins’ (possibly combined to make one). Using small domains of proteins is often all that is needed and can make large scale production much easier.
    I doubt that the problem is due to it being a recombinant protein, because they have been used as therapeutic agents for decades. (A recombinant protein originates from one species but is produced in large scale in another called an expression host. Often the expression host is a microbe which is easy to grow en masse). Possibly its related to whether the protein should be classed as biologically active or not (I seem to recall this is the main difference between the 2 rules, but will check). If they have just used bits of proteins this might not be clear.
    I'm sure they had their reasons for choosing rule 8 initially.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TIS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.