AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

tis the season to rejoice

1. 2ic
    5,922 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4937
    ORE has stood up remarkably well for so long in this woefull market, mostly due to a lack of sellers rather than much buying support. Someone blinked and she drops 40% in a couple of days on no volume then a few in panic mid teens. I think all long-termers and those with reasonable sized holdings knew long ago the die was cast.

Junior spec resource company in a bear market..... no suprise there. 10c spread on a 14c bid ..... Too cheap to sell but to scared to buy. Someone obviously needs the cash, we all have our own situations to deal with so no hard feelings here, adios amigos!.

What I am suprised at and enormously encouraged by is how long it held the low 20's throughout the entire Oct-Nov market crash. I know of no other resource specs that held the line for so long over the same period, which speaks volumes for the quality and belief in the lithium project. Yes it's quite illiquid but despite being in the darkest part of perhaps the worst crashes this century no-one was prepared to walk away at <20c because they believe so much in the upside potential. Holders have voted with their feet by standing their ground and don't tell me no body needed the money or wasn't shtting themselves the price would fall over like everything else in their portfolio!

International investors must be looking at the price of ORE in lowly Aussie dollars blinking in disbelief. With the biggest detractors for a lithium battery future de-crying a lack of lithium reserves as the major impediment to electric vehicles etc what a great asset we have. The large investors keeping an eye on ORE are not the type to buy a few shares on market. I'm talking about major lithium traders, battery manufactures and even end users who would love to take a cornerstone stake in a world class lithium mine. The natural hedge and ability to control off-take supply agreements is strategically invaluable and avialbale only to a VERY FEW. Oh the wining, dining and sixty-nining to come next year during the mating courtship pre-DFS.

That Olaroz will get serious money support for development I have no doubt. There is no need to rush given the current economic climate and development stage of hybrid battery technology. This is a long term play which is why it trades a just few million above cash backing. The trick for mine is not to sell a controlling stake too early but maintain the competitive tension for as long as possible, despite good money being offered up next year when things are most nervous. Patience will be well rewarded.

goodluck

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.