AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

I'm definitely not a potash skeptic, nor a lithium skeptic, I...

1. 247 Posts.

I'm definitely not a potash skeptic, nor a lithium skeptic, I went to the press conference by BYD after the Buffet investment was announced, its pretty impressive to here the guy from Mid American Energy talk about the potential for lithium in energy storage as much as ev's. It does make me rather skeptical on rare earths and cobalt, cause it appears lithium has a clear edge on nickel-rare earth-cobalt based battery technologies which were supposed to be the driver for growth in these markets. And yes I am very skeptical of a little aussie company getting a lithium potash project up and running in Argentina.

You have rather conveniently ignored the fact ADY are struggling to flog off Rincon for $30 million, a project that is years more advanced than Olaroz. The reason isn't the financial crisis, its sovereign riks IMO. But you got me there, I made that up about who I spoke to just to impress, well done. Fact is the valuation of Rincon is out in the open, even Admiralty's CEO has cut through the bs for a change to tell it how it is.

What I want to know is, if a lithium ion battery weighs 50kg, and it only contains 1kg of lithium carbonate, what are the other materials used in the battery?

Good points on GXY, basically what I thought but could be good for a pump and dump at some stage.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.