AVR 1.58% $18.70 anteris technologies ltd

Tissue Engineering v. Immunotherapy

1. jr7
    1 Posts.
    I have been following AHZ since 2013, investor since 2015, first time poster. I have nothing against day traders, speculators or any other short-term investors. Myself, I am a long term value investor and look at opportunities in the market based on product, market analysis and management. To win long-term, I think you need all three. I first started following AHZ because of Dr. Frazer. I think we all agree he is a world class scientist and someone who we are lucky to have associated with AHZ. That said, I became an investor because of the tissue engineering side of the house.

Obviously, we are much further ahead on the tissue engineering front, but I do believe that immunotherapies has been a success so far. In fact, I believe that we potentially have a better product than Genocea. Where the rubber meets the road however for me, is in the market analysis. In my opinion, tissue engineering is readily defensible for years to come whereas immunotherapies have people like Dr. Halford at Rational Vaccines (as I understand just took $ from Thiel Capital) focusing on HSV and more broad technologies like Crispr that are showing early promise and really not that far behind AHZ when compared to tissue engineering. While the recent changes in management made me more bullish on AHZ (still am), I think it is fair to say the the messaging this past week was unfortunate at best. While nobody is infallible, Mr. Paterson fumbled the messaging and should have done better, especially given the history and context. That said, I honestly do not believe there has been a decision on how to move forward, but there must be one in relatively short time and for me, not just to avoid the volatility, but because I think the longer we wait on the immunotherapy side of the house the less defensible and thus less valuable.

Until a firm decision is made and clear guidance lines up with the announcements and goals set, we are in for more of the same ups and downs. I have been happy with the changes in management, but now is the time to set the course either accelerate development and be clear about the plan or spin it off and let another party focus on it. Until that is made explicitly clear, we have more of the same ahead. Cheers! DYOR / GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.70
Change
-0.300(1.58%)
Mkt cap ! $359.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.00 $19.00 $18.62 $180.3K 9.596K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 475 $18.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.91 100 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.41pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.