CHP 0.00% 0.5¢ chapmans limited

Hi JW , Firstly the tech sector CHP is operating in has gone...

1. 846 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174
    Hi JW , Firstly the tech sector CHP is operating in has gone considerably cold lately, start ups / RTO's and tech listings seem to have been pushed aside due to renewed interest in resources. The VAMP IPO seems a classic case for this, last year it would have been a licence to print money but it has been pushed back now for a later date essentially due to lack of interest. Also, when ever sports betting is concerned revenues at this end can be patchy at best and while it seems on face value a no-brainer investment we cant be sure until everything kicks off - at the moment its only projections and almost like the directors are just following what is hopefully the smart money ( and some big gambling money from Macau - the Ho's are obviously an "interesting" family ,what could go wrong ?!!)

Now to me COL as an entity is also an unknown - dont get me wrong I love the fact that capital is flowing in freely without further dilution to CHP , but the true end game for COL and it's incestuous relationship with CHP is yet to be revealed - I cant see all this book value or enterprise value with the recent 3rd party investment flowing into CHP with almost nothing required in return other than good will of the directors. Also , can those advisory fees keep rolling in like that ? Surely CMY will be out of money soon!! (only joking - sorry CMY holders I feel for you).

At this end of the market, nearly all shares come with a large element of risk IMO.

And as far as "the market is yet to be convinced" , well the valuations to share price differential says it all , doesnt it? Should be trading at least 0.006/0.007 for fair value of assets , but yet here we are still at 0.003.

All that said, I still stand by my original statement that 0.003 is worth a good punt. It's got to spike sometime surely and CHP is still making money - no matter how the valuations for it's assets turn out in the medium / long term - the income will keep it ticking over. It's just getting harder to tell when or if a decent re-rate will come if the market keeps looking straight over good presentations and values such as the one released this morning.

Cheers,

Disco.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.