CVN 0.00% 20.0¢ carnarvon energy limited

TL Ratification Process

1. 747 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 115

Someone posted a few days ago that the bill had been tabled in Parliament. Apologies to whomsoever that was as I can't now find the post. However, my concern was always about how long the ratification process would take and what ,if any, delays would be encountered. It appears that Australia needs to amend some 18 Acts by way of consequential amendment along with a new Act to ratify the Treaty. As I understand it, this will be done by way of two Acts, one for the Treaty and one for the Consequential Amendments. Anyway, here is a link to the introduction to Parliament.

Bill introduced to implement Treaty with Timor-Leste | Ministers for the ...https://www.minister.industry.gov.au/.../bill-introduced-implement-treaty-timor-leste

So it is progressing but how long it will be before Bills are passed and the ratification is declared is anyone's guess. Fingers crossed they can get it done before Parliament ends for the year. If it runs to next year we'll just have to hope they get it done before stumps are called for the general election.  Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $357.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.0¢ 19.5¢ $110.8K 554.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 1106170 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 221765 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.